BOWLING GREEN, Ky. — WKU Soccer returns to the WKU Soccer Complex on Thursday for the first time since September 4. The Lady Toppers will host UTEP at 6 p.m. Free entry.
WKU (3-4-2, 0-1-0 C-USA) vs. UTEP (3-4-3, 0-0-2)
Thursday September 22 | 6 p.m.
Bowling Green, Ky. | WKU Football Complex
Watch: HSSN on Facebook | Live statistics
- WKU only had one game to kick off the C-USA game last week. The Lady Toppers traveled to Louisiana Tech for a Thursday night game that ended in a 1-0 loss.
- WKU have scored nine goals in total so far this season, coming from eight different goalscorers. Kayla Meyer is the only Lady Topper with multiple goals this season with two. Katie Erwin, Lily Rummo, Brooke Sleeva, Anna Isger, Avery Christopher, Kendall King and Seaich also found the back of the net. Erwin leads the team with two assists this season while Meyer, Rummo, Seaich, Ansley Cate and Olivia Kucharyski everyone has one.
- The WKU defense has allowed just seven goals in nine appearances this season, which is the second-lowest of any team in the conference. The team has four shutouts this season, which is the third most in C-USA.
- Bach has the league’s best goals-against-average with 0.82 goals-against-per-game. His three clean sheets rank second in the conference and his save percentage of 78.1 is also second-best in C-USA.
- WKU went 3-3-2 in non-conference play. Two of WKU’s opponents were ranked at the time of the game, and the roster included three Power Five teams. The Lady Toppers had wins over Union, Kentucky and Arkansas State and tied Tennessee Tech and Belmont.
- WKU and UTEP have met five times in the series’ history. The series is split between the two teams at 2-2-1.
- The Lady Toppers are 1-2 against UTEP at Bowling Green all-time.
- Both teams last played on October 17, 2021 at Bowling Green and the Miners came away with a 2-0 win.
- The Miners started the C-USA game with a pair of draws against FIU and Louisiana Tech at home. The game against FIU was a scoreless draw while the Louisiana Tech game was 2-2.
- Tessa Carlin leads the team with four goals and two assists for 10 points this season.
- Mariah Scott has played in all 15 games in goal for the Miners and has a 1.50 goals-against average this season as well as four clean sheets.
- All this season, WKU Soccer is partnering with local charities to raise awareness and funds at home games.
- This week’s charity is Buddy House. The Lady Toppers will be receiving donations for the organization at UTEP and North Texas games this week.
- The Buddy House is a non-profit organization that benefits the lives of people with Down syndrome.
- The Lady Toppers host North Texas on Sunday at 1 p.m. at the WKU Football Complex.
How to Track Lady Toppers: For complete information on WKU Lady Topper Soccer, visit WKUSports.com or follow the program via social media @WKU_Soccer on Twitter and Instagram.