Game 10: No. 25 Texas (6-1-2) at No. 12 TCU (5-2-2)
Time: Thursday, September 22 – 7:00 p.m. CST
Location: Fort Worth, Texas (Garvey-Rosenthal Football Stadium)
Live statistics: LINK
TV: The match will be broadcast live on Big 12 Now on ESPN+ and can be watched online via this LINK.
- Texas leads its all-time series on TCU by a total of 9-7-4 (there are discrepancies between the two schools’ record books), but trails in games at Fort Worth, 3-5-0 . The Horned Frogs had the best of the recent series going 6-3-4 against the Longhorns under the guidance of the head coach Angela Kelly (2012-current). Last meeting on November 7, 2021, TCU defeated Texas in the 2021 Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship Finals in Round Rock, Texas, 2-1.
- Texas enters Thursday’s contest on a NINE MATCH BIG 12 CONFERENCE REGULAR SEASON UNBEATEN SERIES after going 6-0-3 on the 2021 league roster. The Longhorns’ last regular season Big 12 loss was a 1-0 loss to Texas Tech on November 6, 2020.
- Texas has a All-time record of 15-9-2 in Big 12 conference openers. The Longhorns are 7-2-1 in league lidlifters under head coach Angela Kelly and have won four of their last five Big 12 openers (Kansas, 0-1, 2020; Kansas, 1-0, 2019; vs. Baylor, 2-1 OT, 2018; vs. Iowa State, 1-0 , 2017 ). Last year, Texas won its first championship game at Kansas State, 2-0.
- The Longhorns currently rank SECOND IN NCAA DIVISION I in assists and THIRD in assists per game (3.78) with 34 assists in their first nine contests. Individually, second midfielder Lexi Missimo is tied for FIRST IN THE NATION in total assists (eight) and assists per game (0.89).
- The Longhorns are also currently evaluating FOURTH IN NCAA DIVISION I in points (92), SIXTH in goals (29), SEVENTH in shots per game (21.9) and 10TH in scoring offense (3.22). Individually, sophomore Trinity Byars currently ranks FOURTH IN NCAA DIVISION I in points per game (2.50), FIFTH in points (20) and goals per game (1.00) and SIXTH in total goals (eight).
- At his current scoring rate of 3.22 goals per game, Texas is on pace to score approximately 58 goals in the 18 games of the 2022 regular season. That would break UT’s record for most goals in a single year before even entering the playoffs. The current program record of 57 goals was set in 2002, while teams from 2004 (55 goals), 2006 (51 goals), 2000 (49 goals) and 2007 (48 goals) complete the top five.
- second striker Trinity Byars warmed up offensively after missing the start of the fall 2022 campaign on international duty. The Richardson, Texas native now has scored a goal in five of the Longhorns’ last seven games (has points in six of eight contests overall and in five consecutive games entering Thursday at No. 12 TCU) and has totaled at least one point in 18 of his 30 games in career.
- second striker Trinity Byars recorded it SECOND CAREER HAT TRICK and 16th all-time in program history in the 8-0 rout of Texas Southern (September 15). That effort helped the Richardson, Texas native earn Big 12 Conference Offensive Player of the Week honors for Sept. 20.
- Texas sophomores Trinity Byars (2.50) and Lexi Missimo (2.00) currently rank No. 1 and No. 2 respectively in the latest Big 12 points-per-game stats. The duo also rank in the current league top 10 in points, points per game, goals, goals per game, assists and assists per game. Byars leads the league in points (20) and goals (eight), while Missmo leads in assists (eight).